Looking for a little more cushion to sleep on? You should consider buying the best pillow top mattress then. These designs are extra plush and can provide you with extra deep sleep that leaves you feeling refreshed every morning.
This type of design isn’t for everyone. In this guide, we’ll take a look at the pros and cons of buying this design along with how to care for it. We’ll also give you a list of the top five possibilities so that you can narrow down your selection and be sleeping on one in no time.
Get it Now
What is this Design?
This design includes an extra layer of padding on the sleeping surface. It is usually stitched so is unlike a topper, it can’t be removed. This makes keeping it clean a little more difficult but it also provides a stable and secure plush layer that can make your sleeping experience more enjoyable.
What Are the Pros and Cons of This Design?
There’s no such thing as a universal bed. What could be the ideal design for one person could be completely undesirable for another. So before you head out and buy this type of design, take a look at this short list of pros and cons of this deign compared to other models.
Where to Find a High Quality Cushion Topper Design
This type of design is common so it shouldn’t be too difficult to find the product you like. If you want to try one out for yourself to feel the difference between this design and an innerspring or memory foam , you can head to a bedding store where they’ll surely have several samples to try.
But when it comes to buying a product with a cushion topper your best bet is to order one online on a site like Amazon. You’ll still have plenty to choose from but you’ll save money by eliminating the bedding store’s markups while still taking advantage of sleep trials and warranties offered by each company.
Who Should Buy A Model With a Cushion Topper?
If you’re looking for a product that has more plush than bounce, the this type of design is for you. They’re great for those who suffer from back pain or uncomfortable pressure points throughout the body. They’re also perfect for side sleepers and a great option for back sleepers.
If you tend to sleep on your stomach, this product might not be for you. You can find yourself sinking a little too far into the plush top layer. Also, if you’re looking for an extra firm design, this model may just be firm enough for you.
How to Clean This Type of Design?
If you purchase a cushion topper design you want to do everything you can to keep it in tip top shape. That includes keeping it clean. You need to be careful when cleaning this design so that you don’t damage it or void the warranty . Here’s how to clean a model with a cushion topper feature, so that it lasts.
- If you’re cleaning up a spill, the first step is to dab up as much of it as you can with a clean cloth. Don’t wipe or scrub. Avoid using paper towels as they can leave behind pieces that draw attention to the pending stain.
- Once it feels mostly dry, use the hose attachment on your vacuum to suck up any visible debris.
- Next, take a laundry stain remover or a bit of powdered laundry detergent mixed with a little water and apply it to the stain with a sponge. Dab the sponge on the entire stain and around the edges. Don’t saturate but be sure that the entire stain has been treated. If you’ve never used the stain remover before, it’s best to test it on an inconspicuous part of the product to see if it discolors or damages it.
- Then take a clean, damp sponge and begin to remove the cleaning solution after letting it sit for a few minutes. Keep applying small amounts of water until there are no more suds. You can also apply a small amount of vinegar to finish removing any suds and fight odors.
- Finally, allow to air dry. Open the windows if you can to speed up the process.
Once dry, inspect it for any lingering stains or discoloration. If stains are still visible, repeat the process.
If you’re fighting lingering odors from sweat or stains, sprinkle baking soda on in the morning. Let it sit all day, or at least for 8 hours, and then vacuum it up before placing on your bedding and going to sleep.
Another tip is that it should be rotated often to avoid uneven wear of the topper material. Here’s why you should rotate.
Our Top Picks for the Ideal Cushion Topper Design
Our Top Choice for the Ideal Cushion Topper Design
So which is Sleep Ask's top choice? Based on our reviews, the Classic Brands takes the cake. Its individually wrapped coils provide great support and contour to your body no matter your shape or size. These coils also minimize motion transfer. But what really makes this product a top choice is the cushion topper of course. The cushioning gives you plush comfort that’s hard to match. When looking for a superior design start with the Classic Brands. You’ll be impressed right from the start.